In-Building Wireless for Metros and Trains
Seamless wireless coverage and capacity while travelling in metros and trains is an essential requirement for business and leisure travelers, and for public safety as well.
With high-speed trains travelling at speeds well above 200km/hour, breaks in wireless connectivity can occur frequently due to handovers between cell sites and short-time system overload situations. In addition, with many metros and trains located in hard to reach underground locations, these unique obstacles can threaten reliable wireless services for metros and trains.
Not only is cellular coverage and capacity expected, but what about the first responders that are trying to execute a mission-critical application in the midst of an emergency?
Keeping passengers and crew safety is also required for metros and trains worldwide. It is vital that first responders and emergency personnel has the ability to transmit and receive mission-critical communication at all times, which can mean the difference between life and death, in some cases.
Key Features of Dali Wireless’ digital Distributed Antenna System (DAS):
- Supports long distance transport in metros and trains without additional boosters
- Enables centralized headend resources
- No signal degradation over long distance to ensure superior wireless connectivity for passengers and crews
- Multi-operators and multi-frequency bands
- 2G, 3G, 4G, and even 5G services
- Works with existing dark fiber, single-mode (SM) or multi-mode (MM) fiber and CAT 6/7 twisted pair cable
- Supports IP appliances such as Wi-Fi Access Points and security cameras with the integrated 1 Gbps IP backhaul
- Can accommodate metros and trains extensions with daisy-chained remotes without service interruption or rip-and-replace
- Supports public safety coverage (P25 Phase I and II, TETRA and LTE)
- Providing world class passengers experience with high-speed connectivity
- Supports centralized headend resources eliminates handovers between cell sites
- Supports cellular, public safety, Wi-Fi and IP devices including security cameras over a single integrated network for faster and easily managed installation
- Additional coverage areas and extensions can be added incrementally without service disruption