Manufacturing and Test Engineer
We are currently searching for an experienced Manufacturing and Test Engineer to join our manufacturing team. The successful candidate will work in our pilot manufacturing facility in Burnaby on new products as well as support existing products manufacturing. As part of the position, you will be expected to assist in the prototyping/assembly/verification of new products and transition to the onshore/offshore contract manufacturer.
At Dali Wireless, we make the industry’s most advanced, versatile and reliable all-digital Distributed Antenna System (DAS) extending Public Safety and Land Mobile Radio coverage indoors and outdoors in almost any environment. Our integrated digital RF distribution architecture brings intelligence to every element in the network and it is ideal for mission critical applications.
- Conduct module and unit-level assembly and test
- Respond to manufacturing issues, troubleshoot board and systems failures
- Support R&D on Prototype requirement
- Perform RMA repair, Rework, ECOs, and product verification
- Apply DFM principles and provide inputs to the development team to improve existing designs
- Design jigs & fixtures to improve quality & efficiency within the manufacturing process
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities
- Interface with R&D to take design documents and produce manufacturing test procedures, assembly instructions and finishing/rework procedures as required
- Assist with formal verification of products and documenting test results in informal reports
- Provides NPI support to Contract Manufacturers
- Gather data and prepare submissions to regulatory authorities
- Ability to work in a close-knit team environment
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational strengths are paramount
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
- Good analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Quick learner. Eager to learn new knowledge and skills continuously
- Experience in assembly, test, troubleshooting of both analog, digital circuits and mixed circuits.
- Excellent hands-on soldering and repair skills
- Hands-on experience in using test equipment (Oscilloscopes, ESG Spectrum Analyzers, Vector Signal Generators, and similar) will be an asset, automated testing experience using Labview would be a strong asset
- Knowledge of Cellular Telecommunication systems and standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE) would be a definite asset
- Working knowledge of Product development, ECO’s, PLM systems etc.
- Some firmware or software programming experience is preferred
- Experience with schematic and PCB layout tools (Altium Designer preferred) would be an asset but not necessary
- Post-secondary Diploma or above in Manufacturing or Electronics Technology or equivalent discipline with at least 5+ years related experience
Please submit your resume and cover letter including salary expectation to email@example.com.
Dali is an equal opportunity employer, and we thank you for your interest in the position. Only those candidates who match the requirements will be contacted/shortlisted.