In-Building Wireless for Multi-Dwelling Units (MDUs)
In today’s “always-on” economy, providing Multi-Dwelling Units (MDUs) such as apartments or condominiums with seamless wireless coverage and capacity is just as important as power, water and heating/air conditioning.
Now-a-days, in-building wireless is referred to as the “fourth utility” and users expect their mobile devices to have “full bar” connections, anywhere at any time to talk, text, browse the internet and stream video.
Retain and Attract New Residents
According to the Federal Communications Commission, nearly 40% of U.S. households now have no landline phone. Residents now rely on their mobile phones for all communications. Getting cut off in the middle of a call or losing connection during the last minute of a sporting event can be the tipping point that drives a permanent resident to hunt for a new apartment.
Mobile connection is one of the key deciding factors for residents or tenants when choosing where to live.
Dali’s advanced digital Distributed Antenna System (DAS) delivers integration, scalability and low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) through a future-ready platform that can help MDUs keep current residents satisfied and attract new ones as well.
With Dali’s advanced digital Distributed Antenna System (DAS), key features include:
- Supports multi-operators and multi-frequency bands; and is technology-agnostic (2G, 3G, 4G, and is 5G ready)
- Ease of installation and decreased deployment time and cost
- Support for cellular and Wi-Fi with a single integrated network; IP devices such as security cameras can be added to the same network infrastructure in a plug-and-play fashion
- Can utilize existing GPON infrastructure to not only deliver triple-play services, but cellular and wireless coverage over the same infrastructure
- Add additional mobile operators, IP devices and wireless coverage and capacity incrementally without changes to the existing distribution network and without service interruption
- Retain current residents and attract new ones by offering cutting-edge wireless technology
- Enhance Multi-Dwelling Unit’s brand and generate greater revenue opportunities with premium rents
- Maximizing investment by future-proofing the in-building wireless system
- Increase operations efficiency by having an integrated solution for cellular, Wi-Fi and triple-play services